For my first installment of Ten Things Tuesday, I bring you 10 craft supplies that I love. Something you should know about me, I use what I have on hand. When I have some money to spare in my craft budget, I go out and buy some things. However, when times are tight, the craft budget is among the first to suffer. So, I make do with what I have.
My 10 favorite things in my craft room, in no particular order.
- My Computer. For the first time in almost 10 years, I have a desktop computer. Don’t get me wrong. I LOVED my laptops. However, I dropped a bowl of milk (post cereal) on the last one. And, well, the computer just did not like all of the milk fat and cereal sugar up in all of its parts! So, we raided my cash stash, which we had been saving for something else, and purchased the most computer that the $400 could buy. And, when it comes right down to it, $400 buys a lot more desktop than laptop. So, here I sit, with a desktop computer. I have discovered that I rather like having the keyboard again! And the USB ports! Without adapters, I can plug anything I want into my computer!
- My craft table. I was using a drafting table for crafts, but I also had 3 kids trying to do art projects and homework around it. I desperately needed a bigger table. So, I grabbed my Bestie, and headed off to a school auction. I could easily catch the auction bug. It was my second trip to a local auction. I loved it. I got this table. It is 4×4 feet, and folds up practically flat to the wall to make floor space. The best part? I paid less than $25!
- My TV. I have this completely old TV. It is a Sanyo, and I rescued it when my parents sold their beach condo. It serves a decent purpose, in that I can watch craft / home shows while I work. Or, I can just have something mindless on in the background!
- My Dremel. That little tool has drilled more holes and buffed more pieces than I care to think of! I love it!
- Sewing Machine. I am a crappy sewer. I would love to learn to sew, but classes are just not in the budget right now. One day, I will learn. In the mean time, I sew very basic things. I have hemmed pants and curtains. I have made a couple of basic tote bags and purses, and a bunch of little plush monsters and dolls. Most are ugly, but I love that I am finally able to travel down a road to making some different things.
- Nail scissors. Yes. Nail scissors. I have probably spent hundreds of dollars on scissors over the years. Especially when you consider all of the ones I purchased when I thought I was going to scrapbook our wedding and honeymoon. For the record I did one page, and wanted to pull my hair out! I might have been a stress case back then!! Ha! But, I digress. Nail scissors. They cut itty bitty precise little cuts. Try them. You will love them! Dollar store nail scissors work great for me!
- Binder clips. Bulldog clips. Whatever you call them. I use them everywhere. I use them to bind things, hold glued things together, hang things, I even use them as picture holders!
- Fabric stash. Like I said, I do little sewing. But I use fabric in so many crafts. And, frankly, I just think the colors are pretty and inspirational, sitting there on the shelf!
- My wand. I have a wand, inspired by that magical school we all know and love so well. When I am having brain block, I pick it up, and wave it around. It helps me remember that imagination has gotten people past their worst blocks. And frankly, sometimes, it is fun to pretend like one of those spells could actually happen!
- Label Maker. Because, seriously, who doesn’t like to label our stuff?????
What are your favorite things in your craft space???